If there is a gingerbread man for Christmas, why not a skeleton for Halloween? We bring you what may be the best recipe for tonight: how to make skeleton cookies for Halloween!
The ingredients are not difficult to obtain, and you will see that you get a large number of cookies. So there will be no one left without trying them.
for the cookies
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- 125 grams of unsalted butter
- 125 grams of brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 50 grams of chocolate powder
For the assembly
- 100 grams of icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons of water
Preparation of skeleton cookies
Actually, the recipe consists of making a stick figure and decorating it with a skeleton. Although, have you thought about making a real skeleton? We will tell you how to make several options!
- After turning on the oven and it is preheating, to about 170º with heat up and down, put the butter in a bowl and let it warm (or put it in the microwave at medium power for a couple of minutes).
- Mix the butter with the brown sugar , until it forms a mixture of a brown tone that looks like a cream. You are going to beat this mixture together with the medium egg , both the yolk and the white, until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- On the other hand, sift the flour well , with the help of a spoon open like a volcano in the center and add the chocolate powder (it can be the one you like the most). Stir to integrate well.
- Pour the mixture of butter with sugar and egg into the flour and cocoa powder , at the same time that you start to beat vigorously. Thanks to this, you will see that a more consistent dough is formed each time . Add the vanilla essence and beat until you can’t anymore.
- So, with a little flour in your hands so that the dough doesn’t stick to you, knead the result of the combination for a couple of minutes . Form a ball, cover with plastic wrap and rest in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Has the dough already rested well? Okay, so take it out and flour the counter you’re going to work on. It’s time to make a decision: small figurines or a large skeleton? Our advice is that, after kneading the dough with a rolling pin, make figurines of people, with the help of a mold, since they are easier to work with later. But, if you don’t want to, you can take portions and give them the shapes of the bones to make a large chocolate skeleton. It requires more work, but the final result is impressive.
- Whatever your decision, go placing the result on the oven tray covered with parchment paper. Put in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes , everything will depend on the type of oven you have. When you take them out, let them cool for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, you are going to beat the icing sugar with the tablespoons of water , until you get a paste that will look like it is toothpaste. You are going to introduce said paste into a pastry bag (disposable or homemade) and you are decorating the body with the shape of the bones, so that it seems that it is a transparent human being that only the bones can be seen.
- You just have to repeat the process until you make all the cookies, which should be about 20, and decorate them with this fabulous mix… they couldn’t be sweeter!