Don’t like conventional cookies? Well, we know a little recipe for making shortbread cookies for Halloween. Yes, you read that right, some special cookies, made with sponge cake for Halloween. Interested?
The ingredients are almost the same as those used to make a conventional cake, only that you are going to shape it into Halloween figurines.
- 280 grams of wheat flour
- 150 grams of icing sugar
- 100 grams of whipping cream
- 50 grams of butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate powder
- 1 packet of yeast
Preparation of biscuit cookies for Halloween
You will see that this is a very simple recipe to follow. We are going to explain it to you step by step, so that you get the best result for your dish.
- In a bowl you are going to put the whites, without the yolks . You are not going to discard the yolks, but you are going to put them in a larger bowl, where you are going to beat them until they are well mixed. On the other hand, melt the butter in a small saucepan, or in the microwave as you prefer.
- After sifting the icing sugar , add a little to the bowl of the whites to beat them until they reach the point of snow. Be very careful when mixing, because it is very easy for all this to fall apart.
- On the other hand, you beat the yolks again, but this time with the melted butter and the whipping cream . Next, add the rest of the icing sugar and beat again to form a whitish mixture.
- Sift the flour into another bowl, and after making a good hole in the center, then add a little yeast and a tablespoon of chocolate. Beat again to integrate everything well into the mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the egg yolks while beating vigorously, to integrate it well into your mixture. Do not stop beating until you see that a mass with a little more consistency is forming.
- Said mass you have to pass it to the bowl with the whites in the snow point. Beat everything together well, until the creamy mixture you need for your Halloween biscuits is formed.
- Heat the oven to 160º C and see distributing the dough through the molds. You must buy a baking tray that has shapes with Halloween figures , filling only half of these figures, since the dough will rise.
- Are the molds and the preheated oven already filled? Then put the tray in the oven and let it cook for almost half an hour! Remember to click, after about 20 minutes, the mixture to check that it is done well inside.
- Once you take it out, let everything rest for at least a quarter of an hour before serving. If you want, you can cut each cake in half and spread it with nocilla, to make it tastier. Another option is to use other types of chocolate such as Nutella, although with some chocolate shavings you can make the eyes and so on.