The most important thing when making a Halloween cake is decoration. And if you do it in a traditional way, rest assured that it will still be even richer. We will leave you stunned thanks to our pumpkin and bat Halloween cake.
Do you think that by name this is going to be a recipe that is going to cost you a lot? On the contrary! It is a very simple recipe to prepare. You just have to get your hands on these ingredients.
To make the shortcrust pastry
- 150 grams of flour
- 50 grams of unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 dessert spoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the filling
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams of brown sugar (if you don’t like it you can use white)
- 250 grams of pumpkin puree
- 400 ml of cream
- 1 dessert spoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered ginger
- ¼ d dessert spoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
Preparation of the pumpkin and bats Halloween cake
If you needed a dessert that would be unforgettable for your guests, then we are going to leave you speechless with this pumpkin and bats Halloween cake recipe.
Preparation of the shortcrust pastry
The first thing we are going to start working with will be the shortcrust pastry. It’s a few steps to make it, so don’t worry.
- Take out the butter so that it warms up, and while you sift the flour into a bowl. On the other hand, in another bowl you are going to beat the egg with the sugar and salt , until a mixture is formed that increases the volume a little.
- The butter should be a bit more manageable by now, so add it to this mixture and beat again . Next, add the flour , at the same time that you are beating. Over time, you won’t be able to beat anymore because a more consistent dough will form.
- Said mass, you will work it with your hands . So put some flour on your hands and knead for about 10 minutes . After this, she forms a ball, covers with plastic wrap in a bowl and lets it rest in the fridge.
- Now well curdled, take out the dough and work it a little with a rolling pin and cut some strips to reserve them for later. Then you place it inside a mold, which is removable, and put it in the oven, at 180º C, for about 10 minutes . After this time, bake for another five minutes empty. After these five minutes, reduce the temperature to 170º.
Preparation of the filling
While the shortcrust pastry is being made, you can prepare the filling, something that will take you very little by following these steps.
- Prepare a large bowl (it can be the same one where you sifted the flour) and add the brown sugar along with the eggs . Beat until it forms a frothy mixture, but try not to have any lumps.
- Add the spices, continuing to beat , in this order: cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. (We have given you some amounts, but if you like one species more than another, you can increase the amount) and beat to integrate.
- Now pour the pumpkin puree (which you can do by boiling a little pumpkin in a saucepan or well bought) and the cream . Mix again, this time with the help of a mixer, so that everything is well mixed.
- With the mold already out of the oven (after 5 minutes have passed), pour this mixture into the mold, spreading it well with a spatula.
- To decorate, you are going to cut the shortcrust pastry strips that we told you before you reserved them in the shape of a bat and distribute them over the mold (helping you with hard cardboard will be very simple).
- Put the cake in the oven for about 5 minutes, then give it a layer of cream milk and bake for another 45 minutes . Your pumpkin and bats Halloween cake is ready to be devoured.