Can’t you think of anything to make a fantastic Cupcakes recipe for Halloween? We have some very interesting ideas, such as Cupcakes with witch hats… ideal for this terrible night!
The ingredients you will see that they are nothing special. Of course, the quantities must be adequate, or you will end up messing up when making the recipe.
for the cupcakes
- 75 grams of unsalted butter
- 75 grams of white sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 100 ml of milk
- 25 grams of cocoa powder
- 150 grams of flour
- 8 grams of yeast
- 80 grams of chocolate chips
- ½ vanilla berry
For the buttercream:
- 200 grams of butter
- 250 grams of icing sugar
- purple gel food coloring
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
for the figures
- 150 grams of black fondant
- 50 grams of purple fondant
- 50 grams of white fondant
- hearts topping
- pearl topping
Preparation of cupcakes with witch hats
This is a recipe that you have to follow in parts. You could either make the dough for the cupcakes first or you could start with what would be the figurines that will decorate this sweet.
to make the figures
We are going to start making the figurines, and in this way when the cupcakes are ready, the fondant will have dried.
- First we will go for the witch hats. To do this, using a small cutter, cut a portion of the fondant. Love it a little and make a cone , which you will reserve.
- Now it ‘s time to make the visor, for which take some dough, make a circle and cut a small circle. In said circle you are going to paste, using a drop of water, the cone. Shape well, to make the cone of the hat look a little wrinkled, as if it were very old.
- But the hat without having something decorative would be a bit ugly, don’t you think? So knead the purple fondant and roll out a very thin strip . Cut with the knife into strips that are not too thick. With this strip you will surround the base of the cone.
- You have to decorate this strip, for which you are going to use the heart toppings . If you find spider, bat, or any other Halloween beast toppings, you can use those too.
- There is another decoration that we can put on this… some kittens! For this , the black and white fondant is used for each cat . You are going to need a mold to be able to mold it well, because it can cost. The ball toppings , in this case, will be used for the eyes and the mouth.
Preparation of the cupcakes
The time has come to prepare the dough for the cupcakes, and so meanwhile the fondant figures are resting. Put the oven on now at 180º so that it gets hot.
- In a bowl you are going to sift the flour , making a volcano in the center to add the yeast, a little salt and the cocoa powder . Mix everything with the help of a spoon.
- In another bowl mix the butter together with the white sugar . Next, add the eggs (without beating), the vanilla and the milk. Beat everything until a unique creamy mixture is formed.
- Pour the flour into this mixture, stirring and beating with the help of an electric whisk, until it is completely integrated and a new light-colored cream is formed.
- Lastly, add the chocolate shavings . You can now pour the mixture into the cupcake molds, but only ¾ parts to allow room for them to rise. And put in the oven 15 minutes , more or less.
Preparation of the buttercream
It’s time to get down to work to prepare the buttercream, because it will be very important to serve your cupcakes, so get ready.
- Mix the butter , which should be white, together with the icing sugar , until you get a very creamy mixture. You must beat it for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, all you have to add is the vanilla essence and the purple food coloring to give the mixture some color. Put this mixture inside a pastry bag with a star mouth.
- With the cupcake already ready and rested , pour the mixture you have made, covering the entire upper part of it . Finally, decorate with the figures to your liking. And you will have your Cupcakes with witch hats recipe ready!