Do you know how many calories and fat you can end up putting into your body with Halloween food? You must include a recipe that is healthy! And for this, we have found an original and ideal solution: a Halloween vegetable skeleton !
There is a sauce that goes very well with vegetables… and that is the Caesar sauce! You can buy it already made, but… how does it lose its magic a bit, right? So, better learn how to make it at home.
Ingredients for Caesar sauce :
- 1 large egg
- 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 seasoned anchovies
- 1 dessert spoon Perrins sauce
- ½ dessert spoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ clove of garlic
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
For the skeleton (ingredients for each skeleton):
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 8 baby carrots
- 4 small cauliflowers
- 1 large cucumber
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 50 grams of mushrooms cut into slices
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 olive
- 2 broccoli
- 2 leeks
Preparation of the Caesar sauce
In some recipes they will tell you to put all the ingredients at once in the blender to make the sauce. We say one thing… no! Each ingredient must be introduced in an order and everything must be mixed carefully, to obtain a good result.
- First put the egg , with a little salt and pepper , together with the 50 ml of olive oil and the anchovies and beat until you get a homogeneous mixture, then the Perrins sauce with the vinegar, the mustard and the lemon juice, and beat again.
- Peel the garlic clove and add it together with the grated cheese and a little more pepper. Beat it all together again, until the sauce looks thick . Don’t you like how thick it is? Then add a tablespoon of water.
- We recommend that you let the sauce rest a bit so that it gains some body and the flavor is well distributed.
Preparation of the skeleton of vegetables Halloween
You will see that we have made you a good list of ingredients to form the body of the skeleton. Well, now you must decide, will you make them raw or leave them as is? You already know that some vegetables are very good to eat raw, like carrots, but others like broccoli or cauliflower are better cooked.
- Our recipe will leave some ingredients raw and some cooked. We start by cleaning all the vegetables well , to make sure that there is no trace of dirt. Peel the carrot well (remember that they must be small) and cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Well, in a saucepan, with a good amount of water and a tablespoon of salt, you are going to cook the broccoli together with the cauliflower , which remember that they should not be very large. You can also cook the carrot if you wish, as well as the leek.
- Mushrooms , on the other hand, should be fried a little in a pan, so they are not raw. With about 5 minutes on each side, with a little olive oil, it will be enough for them to be ready to eat.
- While these ingredients are being made, we can assemble our Halloween vegetable skeleton… just as if it were a work by Art Attack! To do this, put a bowl with Caesar sauce, which will serve as the head. Right around it, place the lettuce leaf (previously washed) that serves as hair.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices, which are not too thin, and cut the cucumber into slices too, without peeling it. You put the cucumber in a straight line just below the bowl, while the chopped tomatoes are distributed around this straight line… this is how you will make the backbone and ribs!
- When the mushrooms are ready, make sure they don’t release any oil and place them right at the base of the dorsal spine , and in this way you will get the pelvis of your skeleton.
- But what about the limbs? Very easy to do! First of all, cut the radish into several strips . Use these to make the shoulders of the skeleton and the thigh area . Then the carrot will serve as the arms and legs (from the knee below).
- Now it’s time to make the hands and feet. For this, we will use spinach and cauliflower . It is enough to put a cauliflower for each hand, while the other two will be used to make the knees. The spinach will be the feet, but to be connected with the rest of the lower extremities you will use the cherry tomatoes.
- And it’s done… oh wait! What has no expression! And that would spoil this great creation. So he cuts a black olive in half and puts each piece in the caesar sauce , like eyes. If you’re feeling creative, you can crush another one, and spread it over the sauce, so it looks like it has a mouth… and voila!