Thinking of something you can prepare for Halloween but that doesn’t take a lot of work either? We have an idea that you will find great: some sweet graves ! How are they prepared? You’ll have to follow our recipe to find out!
You only need a few ingredients to prepare one of the most popular delicious Halloween desserts among the little ones… and some of the older ones!
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- ½ tablespoon yeast
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of refined white sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 300 grams of semi-sweet chocolate (or whatever you want)
- 150 grams of fondant sugar
- 20 grams of butter
- gray dye
- green dye
- orange food coloring
Preparation of sweet graves
We are going to begin to explain how to prepare this delicious line of sweet coffins. Remember to follow the recipe step by step and that way you will make sure that you will not mess up.
- First of all, you need to melt the sticks of butter a bit , to make them easier to work with, so microwave them for a couple of minutes. Then you beat them with the white sugar , stirring nonstop.
- The mixture will be creamy, to which you must add the eggs and cocoa powder . Beat non-stop until you get a new, homogeneous mixture.
- Sift the flour and make a hole in the center to add the yeast . Stir with a spoon and add to the mixture. Beat again, and this time you will have a thicker mixture as a result. Finally add the vanilla and stir well.
- Grease the molds that you are going to use (that these are rectangular and not too large) with butter or a little oil and pour the mixture, stirring well so that it is well integrated.
- You are going to bake this mixture in the oven, with heat up and down, for 40 minutes at a temperature of 175º . And don’t worry, you’re not going to sit idly by while they’re done.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a saucepan, with a little butter, so that it stays very liquid, as if it were a cream. Then, put one part in a rectangular mold, the size of half the cake you have in the oven, and put each mold in the fridge for about 30 minutes .
- The oven is ready, click with a stick to check that it is doing well inside . If it comes out clean, it’s time to remove. Unmold and let each piece cool a bit.
- The time has come to assemble the sweet grave. To do this, melt the butter together with the fondant sugar and distribute the resulting cream in several stories , one of them with more quantity than the others.
- The one with the most quantity will be mixed with the gray dye , and this will be used to paint the tomb. You will mix the other two with orange coloring to write letters on the grave and the other with green , to make some plants with the help of a pastry bag.
- Do it very carefully so that you don’t disassemble the invention and you will have a delicious dessert with which to succeed at a Halloween dinner.