Originality is what is most rewarded during Halloween night. And it will not be for lack of desire, don’t you think? Our recommended recipe for that night is Sweeney Todd Pie!
One of the most recommended cakes for Halloween night, and you don’t want to run out of it, right? These are the ingredients you will need:
For the cake
- 270 grams of strawberry jam
- 200 grams of butter
- 200 grams of white sugar
- 170 grams of white sugar
- 100 ml of whole milk
- 7 grams of baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
For the syrup
- 100 ml of liquid vanilla
- 100 ml of water
3 dessert spoons of sugar
- For the white chocolate coating
- 150 grams of white chocolate
- 150 ml of liquid cream
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon red food coloring
For the dark chocolate coverage
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- 150 ml of liquid cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Preparation of the Sweeney Todd cake
Has it overwhelmed you to suddenly find yourself with so many ingredients? Don’t worry. This Sweeney Todd cake is actually easier to make than it seems at first glance.
Preparation of the syrup
- First of all we are going to make the syrup, something very easy. It is enough to first heat the water, until it is about to start to boil.
- Once this is done, lower the heat a little , add the sugar and vanilla. Stir so that everything dissolves well in the water.
- After about 5-7 minutes, remove from the heat so that it is warm. And you will have your syrup ready.
Preparation of the cake
- Now we are going to get down to work with the cake. After turning the oven to 175º C, sift the flour into a large bowl . With the help of a teaspoon, or a joint, make a hole in the center of the flour, in which you will put the yeast and sugar.
- In another slightly larger bowl , beat the butter , for which you will need it to be at room temperature and thus manageable. Bat non-stop until it becomes a kind of ointment. Then add one of the eggs and beat again. Repeat the process until all four eggs have been added.
- Next, we are going to add the mixture of flour and milk . To do this, first add half the bowl of flour and whisk. Add the milk (all) and beat again. Finally, what is left of the flour.
- It only remains to add the vanilla . So you add it and mix it all up again. You will see how it gets a slightly bright and striking color.
- Put in the oven for about 40 minutes (keeping the temperature at 175º). After half an hour, you can start clicking, to see if the interior comes out clean. After taking it out, let it cool for 10 minutes in the mold, and another 10 without it.
- Once it is cold and manageable, cut the cake in half, horizontally, and fill this part with the vanilla syrup using a brush. Wet the bottom part with the strawberry jam. Now you just have to join the two halves.
White and dark chocolate coverage
- It’s time to make the white chocolate coverage. Heat the white chocolate , in pieces, in a saucepan or in the microwave, until it melts.
- Seeing that the chocolate melts a bit, add the butter . Stir a little until it is very soft, and then you add the cream.
- Stir well, with a wooden spoon, until the chocolate has completely melted . Then add the red food coloring , stir a little and it’s ready to serve.
- For the dark chocolate coverage, follow the same process, only this time it heats up a little more, so that it is done a little faster and is more liquid.
Sweeney Todd Cake Montage
- The time has come to assemble your Sweeney Todd cake, so that you put the cake on a wide tray, which does not have a rack below.
- Pour the dark chocolate first , spreading it around the edges, especially trying not to leave a single empty hole. Wait 5 minutes until the mixture settles well.
- Next, pour the white chocolate, now red, that you distribute by making some stripes on the cake , which look like zebra stripes, and pouring enough on the edges and surroundings, but without covering the dark chocolate. .
- Put in the fridge for about 2 hours , so that the chocolates cool very well and your dessert has an irresistible flavor, no matter how scary it is.