A starter, which, at the same time, can serve as a complement or even as a main course. Do you know what dish we are talking about? Indeed! Of the eggs with spiders !
The good thing about this dish is that it doesn’t really require much preparation time, and all you need is a bit of skill when assembling the dish. This is what you need:
- 6 medium eggs
- 2 cans of tuna
- 12 black olives
Preparation of eggs with spiders
When your guests see this curious delicacy on the plate, they will not be able to take their eyes off it. And it is very possible that many of them do not even dare to try it… so follow these steps to make it perfect!
- Put a saucepan with enough water and bring it to the boiling point. Then reduce the power of the fire to half and put the eggs very carefully. Cook them for about 8-10 minutes until they are very hard.
- When the eggs are ready, cool them a little with water and proceed to remove the shell. With all of them “peeled”, cut them in half, but lengthwise.
- With great care, you remove the yolks and put them in a bowl, mixing them with cans of tuna and a little mayonnaise . Mix everything well until you get a homogeneous paste.
- This paste is going to be the one that fills the holes in the eggs where the yolks used to be. Put a little more mayonnaise to cover the area.
- Now comes the time to work a little skill to make the spiders. Actually, it’s very simple: you have to cut all the black olives (important that they don’t have pits) in half. One half you put upside down on the mayonnaise in the egg .
- Once you have put all the bodies of the spiders, it is time to make the legs. How? Simple, with the halves of the olives that you have left over. You cut these in juliana, in not too large pieces, and put them in the egg . And ready! You already have your spider eggs to serve.
- Be very careful when assembling the dish, especially when removing the yolks, since the white of the egg, no matter how well done, breaks easily.