Although this dish could come in handy as an ingredient for a dinner, we are going to recommend it as a complement or snack dish for your meal. It’s about neither more nor less than sausage mummies! A spooky dish with which to surprise all your guests.
It is not very complicated to make this type of dish, especially if you have ever worked with puff pastry. For some sausage mummies, you will need:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 12 sausages
- Mustard, ketchup or mayonnaise
- 1 egg
Preparation of the sausage mummies
You don’t want to mess up when making this recipe, do you? Good, because you are going to follow this recipe step by step to make some great sausage mummies.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C so that it warms up while you prepare the delicacy. On a countertop, with a little flour so that it does not stick, roll out all the dough and cut it approximately 1 cm thick.
- Now comes the time to have a bit of tomorrow. You are going to wrap each sausage with each one of those strips , only that you will have to leave a little bit of sausage exposed, to be able to make the face.
- Beat the egg with a little salt and a few drops of milk . Then paint each of the strips that you have used to cover your sausage mummies.
- Raise the oven temperature to 200º and bake for 13-15 minutes , trying to keep the tray in the middle. As time passes, allow a few minutes for it to cool and the dough to harden.
- Now, when serving, you will have to make the eyes, using ketchup, mayonnaise or mustard . You can use both ingredients if you want to give your sausage mummy a scarier look. Of course, use a container with a very fine tip, to be able to spread it well.