Although they say that a meal must be strong, when organizing a Halloween event, it is better that the food is light, so that one wants to try everything. But what can you put that is light? We recommend a Halloween sandwich!
The good thing about this dish is not only that it is very easy to prepare, but also that it will hardly require work on your part. Also, the ingredients are easy to find:
- 2 slices of bread per person
- 2 stuffed olives per sandwich
- 4 slices of ham per sandwich
- 2 slices of cheese (any kind you want), per sandwich
Halloween sandwich preparation
The recipe that we are going to explain to you below is so simple that even a small child would know how to make it. There are close to a hundred types of sandwiches that you can prepare, but if you don’t want to complicate your life too much and you’re not very handy in the kitchen, this is the one we recommend:
- For starters, serving the sandwich bread as-is would take a bit of the “terror” out of the dish, so cut each slice in a circle , skipping the edges entirely.
- Next, each slice that you are going to put in the sandwich you remove small portions, as if it were the hair of the creature , leaving visible triangle shapes on the slice.
- Now we are going to assemble the sandwich, and for this, put the slice of cheese on each side . Then, in the lower part, put two slices of ham, while in the upper part, put only one . You are going to roll the fourth slice, and you will place it right in the center of the bottom part. Then put the top one on top.
- Doesn’t it look like a monster’s mouth? Now just place the olives pierced with toothpicks so that they look like the eyes of a monster , with the stuffed area facing out. And ready!
- Our advice is not to waste time toasting the bread. You already know that sandwich bread dries out easily once it’s toasted. You can use any type of bread… you could even make this dish with hamburger buns or a round bun.