Although saint’s bones are traditionally a dessert for All Saints’ Day and that, as a general rule, are only found at Easter in some areas. Is there a better day to put them on the table than the Day of the Dead? It can also be a good dessert for Halloween!
The preparation of the holy bones will not need many ingredients. These are the ones you need, if you want to make a traditional dessert:
For the marzipan
- 200 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of ground almonds
- 100 ml. of water
- Icing sugar
For the filling:
- 100 grams of sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 ml of water
Preparation of the saint’s bones
Are you ready to get down to business and prepare this delicious dish? Good, because we are going to blow you away with how easy it is to follow these steps!
- Start by preparing a syrup, for which you are going to heat water in a pan (100 ml). When it boils a bit, add the sugar and let it heat up a bit.
- Crush the almond well, with the help of the mortar, and after about 5 minutes add it to the syrup you have made. Let the almond and syrup heat up a bit . Pass it to the mixer, and beat until you make a dough.
- Next, you will make another syrup. So this time heat 50 ml of water together with 100 grams of sugar . Once ready, transfer it to another blender glass. Beat the egg yolks a little, throw it inside and beat it all together again.
- Once you have finished with the first syrup, proceed to let it rest in the fridge, so that the dough takes on some body and you can use the marzipan later. About 15-20 minutes .
- With the marzipan ready, start working with the rolling pin. As you work, sprinkle with icing sugar as needed, until the marzipan has the whitish appearance of pits.
- It is time to make strips with the marzipan that you have prepared, with a thickness of more or less 3-4 cm . Then, stick a wooden toothpick to the side and start rolling them up. Take out the toothpick and join the ends
- Fill each saint’s bone with the mixture that you have prepared from the egg with the syrup and you will have these delicious saint’s bones ready. A simple and very tasty dish to prepare!