A cake is good on any occasion. And what’s more, having a bit of skill in the kitchen, you can give it the shape you want. For example, making a cake that is shaped like a pumpkin , but that is soft inside and each bite melts in your mouth.
Remember that to make a good cake you must always buy top quality ingredients. These are the ones we recommend:
- 350 grams of chopped pumpkin
- 400 grams of brown sugar
- 300 grams of flour
- 155 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 175ml skimmed milk
- 250 grams of unsalted butter
- 250 grams of icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 dessert spoons of yeast
- 3 dessert spoons of cinnamon powder
- 1 dessert spoon of lemon juice
- dyes in paste
Preparation of pumpkin-shaped cake
We are going to teach you how to prepare this delicious pumpkin-shaped cake. Of course, you will have to have patience, because it will take a little work. However, we promise the end result will be worth it!
- First of all, in a bowl, make the olive oil, the brown sugar and the eggs. Beat everything until a homogeneous mixture is formed, which will take about 4 minutes with electric beaters.
- Next you must make a puree with the pumpkin , and for this it has to be very soft. So you will have to cook it a little with boiling water, for about 10-15 minutes . Once ready, pass it through the blender (do not buy ready-made pumpkin puree or you will load the dessert).
- Do you have the pumpkin puree ready yet? Add it to your bowl along with the vanilla extract and beat for several minutes to integrate it into the mix!
- We are going to make the dough for the cake. To do this, sift the flour into a deep bowl . Right in the center, make a hole (if you use a toilet paper roll you can do it more easily) and put the yeast and cinnamon in that hole. Stir well.
- Now you will have to pour the milk , which should be at room temperature, little by little while you beat. A pasty homogeneous mass will be formed. While you work the dough, you can turn on the oven at 180º C so that it warms up.
- When you have the dough ready, then fill the molds to use . In our case, we recommend the use of two round molds with a diameter of 15. The dough should bake at 180º for one hour.
- When the hour has passed, remove the biscuits from the molds and let them cool for a while. Meanwhile, you are going to take care of preparing the cream for the coverage.
- To do this, the butter (which should be at room temperature) must be placed in a bowl, along with all the icing sugar (previously sifted). Beat for 5 minutes! Then you mix it with the pumpkin puree mixture.
- You are going to separate said cream into different bowls in this way: 1 tablespoon of cream to mix with green food coloring, two tablespoons of cream to another bowl to mix with purple food coloring and what is left over in a third bowl in which you will mix it with food coloring orange.
- Now comes the time to show your tomorrow. She places the two cakes together and paints the outside, with the help of a spatula, with the color orange , marking the stripes so that it looks more like a pumpkin.
- The other two creams you put in pastry bags. As is obvious, you will use the green color to make the leaves of the pumpkins , while the purple will be to make the eyes and the mouth . And this pumpkin cake is ready!