We are going to continue giving you ideas for some Halloween dishes, which really do not require much work, but will leave everyone who comes to her speechless. In this case, we are going to show you how to make one of the most famous dishes of the Night of the Dead: the poisoned tortilla .
As you well know, the potato omelette is one of the most typical dishes in Spain, but with a little imagination, very good varieties can be made. The ingredients you will need (for each tortilla) are:
- 4 medium potatoes
- 5 large eggs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- green dye
- Red colorant
Potato omelette preparation
If you already know how to make a potato omelette, we recommend that you go to the next point to learn how to assemble it. If this is your first time making one, then follow this recipe.
- Heat a large amount of oil in a frying pan , more or less so that it fills half of the frying pan. As it heats up, peel the potatoes and wash them well with water. Then, cut them into 1-1.5 cm julienne slices , trying to make all the pieces more or less the same thickness.
- Is the oil already hot and the legs cut? Well, salt them a little by adding salt and using your hand, inside a bowl and in the pan, so that they are fried for 5-8 minutes so that they take on some color.
- Meanwhile , put the eggs in a large bowl and add a teaspoon of salt. Beat vigorously , so that a unique mixture is formed between all the eggs.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the pan and let them rest on a plate with some absorbent paper, so that they release all the oil.
- Now without so much oil, throw them into the bowl of the eggs and crush with the help of a wooden spatula , so that they integrate well with the eggs, then stir a little.
- Heat another pan with oil, this time just a drizzle, over medium heat. When you are already a customer, add the mixture of potatoes and egg. Cover and let fry for about 8 minutes , more or less, so that it is done well on the bottom.
- Then, you just have to take a plate, turn it over and do it on the other side. Remember that frying times vary depending on whether you want the tortilla more or less done.
- If you don’t have much skill in turning the tortilla around, our advice is to buy a tortilla maker.
Preparation of the poisoned omelette
Now that we have the potato omelette ready (you can do more if you are going to receive a lot of people), it is time to create the poison effect, for which it is very easy using food coloring.
- With the green color, and with the help of a brush, stain the upper part of the tortilla . It won’t take long to dry out, so take the opportunity to do some quick work on other Halloween dinner recipes.
- Next, we will use the color red. In this case, you only have to drop a few drops in some areas of the tortilla and press them with a piece of paper. Then, put a few wooden toothpicks right in the center of the red spots, which will make the tortilla look like it is bleeding.
- And with all this, that’s it, you already have a poisoned tortilla. If you want to give it a more realistic effect, then a brain omelette will be better for you.