If there is something that everyone really likes, it is pizza. So, if you are thinking of preparing a tasting menu for guests, whether they are big or small, have you thought about making a few Halloween pizzas?
Given that it is going to be a party in which you are going to work on a good menu, how would you like to make some completely homemade recipes? Starting with the pizza, which we are going to work from scratch. This is just one of the many that you can prepare, so don’t close yourself off and look at other options as well.
For the pizza base :
- 400 grams of flour
- 200 ml. of water
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
To cover the pizza :
- natural fried tomato
- Cheddar cheese to taste
- 1 green pepper per pizza base
Option 2 :
- natural fried tomato
- Grated cheese
- 10 black olives
Halloween pumpkin pizza preparation
Well, we are going to teach you how to prepare a trompe l’oeil. In other words, you’ll make a dish that looks like one thing, but is actually quite another. In this case, it will be a pizza that will look like a pumpkin, only it will not have any pumpkin inside.
Preparation of the pizza base :
- The first thing will be to prepare the pizza dough (if you are going to buy already prepared masses, go to the next point). To do this, put the flour in a bowl, sifting it well. Right in the center, make a hole to add the salt and stir a little to mix.
- Next, make a small crater in the center again, to add the water and olive oil . Start by beating well with a mixer until you see how hard it is to use. Then proceed to knead the dough. So that the dough does not stick to your hand, flour them a little. The result should be a homogeneous and compact mass.
- Once the dough is worked, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 5-10 minutes, so that it gains some strength.
- Now you have to work the dough and divide it into portions, so you will have to make a decision. Do you want a single pizza or several small ones? If you have many guests, our advice is to make small pizzas. In fact, this dough gives you about 8 small pizzas. 4 if you want them small, but individual.
- Anyway, sprinkle flour on the surface of the counter, which is completely smooth, and place the portion of the dough . Stretch it with the help of the roller, until you get a fine dough. Give it the round shape of the pizza. Repeat the process until you have all the bases for the pizza.
Halloween pizza preparation
Now we are going to put the ingredients on the pizza, but first we recommend that you start the oven at 180 degrees, with heat from above and below, so that it reaches a good temperature.
- Let’s start with the first choice of pizza for Halloween. In this case, cover the entire base with the natural fried tomato, spreading the tomato with the help of a spoon and trying not to let it spill over the edge.
- Cheddar cheese, if you bought it in a bar, you will have to grate it . If it’s already shredded, spread it well on top of the pizza crust. Then, you cut the base area of the pepper (where the tip is), while then you cut the rest into medium-sized strips.
- The strips are located in the lower area of the pizza , forming the smiling mouth of the pumpkin, while for the eyes use only a couple to give it the shape of slanted eyes . In the center, the base of the pepper with the tail to make the shape of the nose.
- Now we go with option two. As with the first, spread the base of the pizza well with natural fried tomato . So, you want to place the grated cheese in a way that it looks like a spider web . Very carefully, add the grated cheese little by little, making the circles of the spider’s web and then spreading the points of union.
- The black olives will fulfill the function of acting as “spiders”, and for this we are going to create an optical effect. You must cut half of the olives in half, and distribute them, face down, on the pizza, on the spider web .
- Crush the rest of the olives until they are almost like powder. Or you cut them into very small strips. You will use these to shape the legs of the spiders on your pizzas.
Now you only have to bake the pizzas for about 15 minutes , keeping the temperature at 180º and you will have everything ready.