If skulls are so closely related to Halloween, it would be a shame not to give them a little space, wouldn’t you say? These are the ingredients to look for!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of refined white sugar
- ¼ tablespoon cream of tartar
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 20 oreo cookies
Preparation of the meringue bones
This is a recipe that you could make with the little ones in the house, so that they can learn a little about the different Halloween desserts that they can make with their friends. Let’s start with the recipe!
- In a container, it has to be very deep, place only the egg whites . Using an electric mixer, beat everything well so that the whites melt together. Leave them in another container for another dessert.
- Add the sugar , little by little, and the cream of tartar , without stopping beating. Little by little you will see that a kind of peaks are forming . This is a sign that you are doing it right. Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
- Start the oven at 120º, with heat up and down , covering the oven tray with baking paper. You have to put the meringue that you have prepared in a pastry bag.
- Now, very carefully, you are going to put the meringue on the oven tray . A trick to make it perfect is to put two balls, then draw a stick, and finish with two balls. In this way, it will look like the classic bone. But, if you are not very good at it, draw an elongated stick and with a knife give it the shape of the bone.
- Put in the oven for an hour , as the meringue will take a while to get the right consistency. And you will have the meringue bones ready!