Even the simplest dish can become a terrifying dish for Halloween. In fact, we can prove it to you. Do you see something terrifying in some meatballs with tomato? What not? Well, know that we are going to help you make some terribly tasty pumpkin meatballs!
Although today you can find ready-made dumplings. Our advice is: do it yourself. In fact, we are going to teach you how to make the recipe from scratch:
For the meatballs:
- 500 grams of minced beef
- 100 grams of minced pork
- 100 grams of bread crumb
- 1 large egg
- 4 small garlic cloves
- 1 kg. of tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- ½ glass of milk
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 bowl with flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the assembly:
- 1 bowl of quicos
- 1 black olive per meatball
- cream cheese
Preparation of the meatballs
First of all, we are going to prepare the meatballs. If you have ever prepared them, then this recipe will not be a mystery to you and you can move on to the next point. But if it’s your first time, don’t worry, we’ll guide you step by step to get delicious Halloween meatballs.
- The first of all will be to dip the breadcrumb in the milk . So pour all the milk into a large bowl, which is at room temperature, and put all the bread crumbs inside, so that it soaks well for a few minutes. Then strain and reserve.
- Now we are going to prepare the tomato sauce, let it cook while we prepare the meatballs. To do this, peel the onion , wash it well to reduce the tear effect, and chop it into small pieces together with two cloves of garlic.
- All this you put in a saucepan, with a drizzle of olive oil . Sauté everything well until you see that the onion is well golden.
- Wash the tomatoes well, peel and chop and then chop them into small pieces. When you see that the onion is transparent, add the tomato along with the tablespoon of sugar and cook over medium heat for 25-30 minutes.
- After that time, you will have to add the soy sauce and pass the mixture through a potato mill. You do not have? Nothing happens! Blend the mixture until obtaining a homogeneous sauce . It will not have the same texture, but just as delicious.
- As the tomato heats up you can prepare the meatballs. To do this, peel the two cloves of garlic that you have left over and chop them into as small pieces as you can . In a bowl, mix this with the two types of meat, the egg and knead (if you want you can add a little chopped parsley).
- Season well and knead with your hands until it forms a unique mixture. Then she adds the bread crumbs , well drained, and mixes everything again with her hands. You will see that a consistent mixture is formed.
- You already have the dough ready, so the way to shape the meatballs has arrived . To do this, take portions and with your hands you give it the shape of a ball. Then, the raisins in the flour and brown them in a pan with a large amount of oil . As you take them out, reserve in a source with absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Is your tomato sauce ready? Then, in that same casserole, put the meatballs and cook them for about 8-10 minutes , so that they take on the flavor of the tomato and are well bathed in it… and you will have your delicacy ready!
Preparation of the Halloween meatballs
Now that you have the meatballs ready, all you have to do is assemble the meatballs. In fact, with this montage they will look like pumpkins, so you will enjoy it a lot.
- To do this, crush the quicos, or any type of fried corn that you like, with a mortar or with a rolling pin , until everything is well crushed. Add a tablespoon of the tomato sauce from the meatballs and stir , which will intensify the color.
- Pass each of the meatballs that you have prepared through the bowl of the crushed corn , so that it stays well attached to it, as if it were a batter. You are putting them in a good one, with a base of the tomato sauce that you have prepared before.
- Now, cut each black olive in half and cut this into strips, placing it on top of your meatball pumpkin , while other strips can serve as the mouth.
- Is it a little difficult for you to stay hooked? The solution is cream cheese! Use a little cream cheese as if it were glue and you have the dish ready.