We continue with more original recipes for Halloween candy. In fact, this one is so disgusting that we don’t think many will dare to taste it… it’s all about the jelly worms! Who will be the brave one who dares to try them?
A very interesting recipe, because thanks to a few ingredients you can get a large quantity with very little. This is what you need:
- 1 package of strawberry gelatin (can be of another flavor)
- 3 packages of neutral gelatin
- 750 ml of water
- 175 ml of heavy cream
- 12-15 drops of green food coloring
Preparation of the jelly worms
We are going to teach you how to prepare this marvel, which apart from being something very fun to put on the table as a Halloween candy, can also come in handy for decorating the house. Of course… you will need at least 100 straws!
- Heat the water until it boils . Let it boil for a couple of minutes and then remove them from the heat (remember to turn it off). Wait a couple of minutes and add both the strawberry and neutral gelatin, stirring until both types have dissolved . Let the mixture warm.
- While the mixture is tempering, stretch out the straws. And by stretch we mean that you must stretch all 100 straws . Then you put them together with a rubber band, which you can do by putting all 100 together or in small groups, depending on your preference.
- When you have the gelatin mixture already warm, you must mix it with the milk cream and the green food coloring (remember, only 12-15 drops). Stir well to integrate everything.
- Place the straws in a container, with the nozzle facing up, and you pour the mixture , so that the tubes are filled. Stir a little through the nozzles with a spoon to put what is left out.
- Now all that remains is to let the straws cool for at least 8 hours , which will make the jelly gain a little consistency.
- After time, you have to get the worms out of the interior. To do this, you can put them under hot water, for about 4-5 minutes each straw, which will soften the inside a bit, and by squeezing with your fingers the worm will come out . Another way is to gently pound them using a hammer… fill your bowl with a total of 100 sweet worms!