How would you like to surprise everyone with some creepy jelly eyes ? A delicious dessert that you can put in drinks as a complement… and surely more than one thinks that they are real. We teach you how to make them!
Apart from these ingredients, you are going to need a pop cake mold. They are perfect for making this type of dessert.
- 6 sheets of neutral gelatin
- 400 ml of water
- strawberry extract
- White sugar
- black dye
- blue dye
- white dye
- 2 envelopes of strawberry jelly
Jelly eye preparation
Don’t be afraid of this recipe at all. In fact, many children have made it on children’s cooking shows. So you too will be able to prepare it!
- First of all, in cold water you are going to submerge two sheets of neutral gelatin for 5 minutes . On the other hand, boil 100 ml of the water, along with a tablespoon of strawberry extract and a tablespoon of sugar.
- After about 5 – 8 minutes, remove this mixture and reserve. Remove the gelatin sheets from the bowl as well, making sure to drain them well. Then, you put them in the hot water , until they are completely dissolved. Add the black food coloring and stir with a toothpick or very small tablespoon.
- Fill a sterilized syringe with this mixture and pour it into the holes in the pop cake molds . But just pour a few drops into each hole . Then to the fridge. This will be the pupils. They will have to be half an hour resting in the fridge.
- While we wait we can prepare the next batch. On this occasion, soak two sheets of neutral gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Heat another 100 ml of water, a tablespoon of strawberry extract.
- Let the neutral gelatin cool a bit after having dried it and add it to the hot water so that it melts. Then, add the blue food coloring . Stir.
- Check that the black gelatin in the mold is already cold. If so, fill in a bit of the hole with a tablespoon of blue. Again, in the fridge for 30 minutes . This will be the iris of the eye (you can make different mixtures of other colors to have several eyes of different shades).
- It is time to repeat the previous steps that you have done with the gelatin to make the eye socket. Only this time you are going to use the 200 milliliters of water and the leftover strawberry extract. Of course, when you add the food coloring, it will be white.
- Take the mold out of the fridge and add tablespoons until each hole is completely filled and put back in the fridge, only this time for a couple of hours, so that each piece of the eye adheres well to the previous one.
- In the case of not having white coloring, the neutral gelatin can be poured into a bowl of hot milk. If you add a little sugar to the milk, it will add a sweet flavor to your gelatin dessert.
- Then you only have to serve the jelly eyes in a bowl or in a glass to make it striking.