How about creating your own edible graveyard? What such a thing is possible? If you follow the recipes for Decalaveras, of course it is, because our cemetery cake is so real that it will seem that the living dead are going to come out of the cake.
We are going to teach you how to make this recipe from scratch, so take note of all the ingredients you need to avoid screwing up the preparation.
- 500 grams of Oreo cookies (or any chocolate)
- 200 grams of white sugar
- 200 ml of milk
- 100 ml of sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 packet of yeast
- Chocolate shavings to taste
- Chocolate Tombstone Halloween Treats
- Skull Halloween Candy
- Bones Halloween Candy
Preparation of the cemetery cake
The time has come for you to face the challenge of making this cemetery cake. But, as in Decalaveras we have a quick and easy recipe to make, you won’t have any problems.
- After sifting the sugar into a deep bowl, you are going to mix it with the eggs . As you beat with the help of the electric beaters, you should notice the volume rise.
- Add the oil , in the form of a trickle, without stopping beating. Then add the milk , beat again to integrate it well into the mixture.
- With the help of the mortar, and without removing the cream inside, crush all the Oreo cookies until you make them powder . You are going to add ¾ of this powder to the mixture, the rest you are going to save for later, beat again.
- Finally add the yeast and beat vigorously, using the electric rods at medium speed. The mixture should be very creamy.
- This mixture is poured on the mold, previously greased with a little butter or with a little flour. Bake at 170º C for about 25-30 minutes.
- When it takes about 20 minutes, check that it rises well. Then click, to see how it is being done inside. Once the skewer or knife comes out clean, it’s time to remove the mold.
- When removing the mold, let cool 10 minutes. Unmold and wait for it to finish cooling.
- Already being cold, spread the dust of the crushed oreo cookies , to make the effect of the earth. Then place the Halloween candy to give a more terrifying look to your cemetery cake.
- You can add more accessories, such as spiders, bats, a zombie that is walking on the surface… but do not go overboard with the decorations or you will overload the cake.