Sweet, creamy… and scary! Such are custard graves. If you want to be original to end a Halloween dinner with some good sweets, this dish should not be missing from your party. We are going to teach you how to prepare them!
Instead of using ready-made custard from the supermarket, we are going to give you the ingredients to make the custard from scratch. You already know, the more homemade the better, right?
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 60 grams of sugar
- 60 grams of cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 8 oreo cookies
- Worm-shaped sweets
Preparation of custard graves
This is a recipe that takes just over half an hour to prepare. If you’ve never made custard before, get ready, because you’re going to regret never making something so simple before.
- Heat the milk over medium heat , but without letting it boil. Then you chop the dark chocolate and heat it up, stirring with a few rods from time to time, so that it integrates well with the milk.
- While the chocolate is integrated with the milk, sift the cornmeal into a deep bowl. Beat the sugar with the egg yolks (the whites can still be used for another dessert) and beat to create a whitish mixture without lumps.
- You are going to add this whitish mixture to the flour without stopping beating for a single second, soon the flour will have melted with the mixture of sugar with the egg.
- Without waiting for it to temper, add the milk and beat again . The trick is to add it as if it were a trickle, while beating vigorously. Do not stop until everything is well integrated.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and pour in the mixture you have prepared. Keep the temperature at medium temperature , so that the milk does not cut. Stir continuously, until you see the custard begin to thicken. Calculate that this can take about 10-15 minutes , depending on the power of your vitro or fire.
- Pour the mixture into small glasses or bowls, to your liking, and let it cool down. Having achieved this, reserve in the fridge for a couple of hours to cool down.
- You have to do the assembly once you are going to serve them. To do this, crush the Oreo cookies well (without removing the cream) and turn them into a powder . You are going to spread this powder over the custard, and it will be the earth.
- Finally, you must place some candy worms peeking out , so that they make the effect that there is something rotten down there.