It is clear that, within the genre of the world of animation, Tim Burton is a genius. And for this reason, you should not hesitate to base yourself on one of his films to make your cake for Halloween. Our recommendation? The Corpse Bride wedding cake.
We are going to give you a list of ingredients that you will have to write down well. Going a bit wrong, might mean you messed up with the Corpse Bride pie flavor.
For the cake
- 400 grams of white sugar
- 300 grams of flour
- 330ml stout
- 220 grams of butter
- 160ml espresso coffee
- 130 grams of cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 dessert spoon of salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 spoon of vanilla
- Cherry jam
for the cream
- 300 grams of icing sugar
- 250 grams of butter
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of Whiskey
- black dye
- orange food coloring
- purple dye
For the meringue
- 100 grams of white sugar
- 100 grams of icing sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 spoon of vanilla
- 1 dessert spoon of salt
Corpse Bride cake preparation
We are going to teach you how to make this delicious delicacy. We’ll go step by step, so don’t worry. Of course, it will take a little alcohol, so watch the children.
Preparation of the cake
- Heat a saucepan on the fire, in which you put the butter, cocoa powder, beer and coffee . Heat, but without boiling, stirring well to integrate all the ingredients.
- As a result, you must have obtained a very liquid mixture. Remove from the heat and add the white sugar. With the help of some electric rods, integrate everything well into a bowl. Pour into a bowl and reserve in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl you will sift the flour . You have to make a hole in this flour in the center, in which you will pour the baking soda and salt. Stir a little so that everything is well mixed.
- Use a third bowl, in which you will beat the eggs together with the vanilla , until everything is well integrated, in a unique mixture. It should double in volume and be lump-free.
- Take out the beer mixture, which should be warm, and add the egg mixture. Beat for a couple of minutes so everything is combined.
- It ‘s time to add the flour . So that it does not cost you, what you will do is throw it in three parts. That is, add a third of the flour, beat until integrated. And you repeat the process until you have added it all.
- Distribute the mixture in three molds : one of 10 cm and another 2 of 18 cm. Distribute well, flatten with a spatula and bake for about 25 minutes at 180º C.
- When the 18 minutes pass, he begins to click to check that he is doing well inside . When it comes out clean, take it out and let it cool for 10 minutes in the molds. Unmold and let cool on a grid tray.
Preparation of the cream
- While the biscuits are cooling we will make a cream. To do this, sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Beat together with the butter at room temperature until everything is well integrated.
- Pouring the milk in a trickle, keep beating. Then the two vanilla spoons, beat, and finally the two whiskey , beating again.
- Divide this mixture into three containers and add a food coloring to each one . Beat to integrate well and divide the mixture into three pastry bags.
- Place one of the large layers on the base and cover everything around it with one of the creams from the pastry bag, to your liking.
- Then, leave the center open , as if it were the mouth of a volcano. Inside you will place the cherry jam to your liking.
- Place the second layer of large cake on top and repeat the process, only this time you are going to cover the entire surface with another pastry bag.
- You only have to place the smallest piece, which you cover with the third pastry bag so that it has some color.
Preparation of the meringue
- The time has come to make the meringue, for which you are going to beat the egg whites with the salt, until they foam . This will be the signal to add the sugar and stir well to mount the whites until stiff.
- Next, add the vanilla and icing sugar (previously sifted) and add it little by little. Increase the speed until a peak point is formed.
- Put the mixture inside a pastry bag and see forming small mounds on a baking tray. The tray is important that it is covered with baking paper.
- Put in the oven at 100º C for about 90 minutes . When you take them out of the oven you have to let them cool down a bit. If you want, you can put a little chocolate to make the mouths and eyes.
- Distribute the meringues to your liking on the cake and, finally, put on top of everything a drawing of the two protagonists of the film… your Corpse Bride cake is ready!