Halloween is a very greedy and sweet holiday… and who is there in the world that fits this description perfectly? Indeed, the terrible cookie monster! Thanks to our recipe, you will be able to make it from scratch calmly at home.
Do you find yourself unable to assemble the cookie monster as a cupcake? It is easier than you imagine, you only need these ingredients.
for the cupcakes
- 2 medium eggs
- 235 grams of wheat flour
- 140 grams of unsalted butter
- 215 grams of white sugar
- 135 ml of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
For the buttercream
- 325 grams of icing sugar
- 250 grams of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- blue dye
- white fondant
- black fondant
Preparation of cookie monster cupcakes
The terrible cookie monster has arrived… with the difference that you are going to be the one to eat him! Get ready to make this terrifying but sweet recipe. Ideal for the little ones in the house.
Preparation of the cupcakes
- After starting the oven at 180º with heat up and down, you are going to put the sugar in a bowl, together with the butter at room temperature, and beat everything until it results in a very creamy mixture.
- Do not stop beating while you add the two eggs, so that they are well integrated. In another bowl, sift the flour and make a hole in the center, to put the yeast, stir.
- Pour the flour into the previous mixture , without stopping beating with the help of some electric rods. Continue with the milk, which will result in a homogeneous mass to which you will have to add the essence of vanilla.
- Pour the resulting mixture into the cupcake molds (you can buy them on any surface) and put them in the oven for about 20 minutes . To know if they are ready, just click them when they take about 15 minutes. If the skewer comes out clean, you can take them out.
Preparation of the buttercream
- We are not going to tell you to stay still, since you are going to prepare the buttercream while the cupcakes are being made. To do this, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and then beat it with the butter.
- Next, add the vanilla extract along with the milk . Beat the mixture, this time with a mixer on low speed, for about a minute. Then you have to increase the speed and beat for five minutes , resulting in a creamy mixture.
- Add at that moment the blue coloring and beat again for a couple of minutes, so that the blue color is fully integrated.
Cookie Monster Montage
- The cupcakes should already be ready and cold, so it’s time to assemble them. To do this, first make a mound with the buttercream, pouring it over the cupcakes with a piping bag.
- With the help of some utensil, such as a small comb or a serrated knife, make the effect of the creature’s fur , trying to make it have a uniform shape.
- Now, with the fondant you are going to mount the face. She cuts two pieces of white fondant in the shape of a circle and put them on the head, then cuts two other smaller circles from the black fondant, and they will be the eyes.
And you already have your delicious cookie monster cupcake ready to serve!