Even if you are thinking of making a Halloween meal for family or friends, you should know that there are many recipes that you can use and that will not force you to be locked in the kitchen all day. In fact, we are going to teach you how to prepare the famous Halloween chicken fingers. Simple, crunchy and, above all, terrifying!
Surely you have prepared a lot of times chicken fingers at home. Only, in this case, we are going to explain a different way of making them, so that once they are served on the plate they do not clash too much. For this you need:
- 150 grams of chicken breast
- 1 large bowl of toasted cornflakes
- 1 large bowl of flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ black olive for each finger
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of Halloween chicken fingers
Now we are going to prepare this delicious recipe, are you ready? As you will see, instead of the typical breadcrumbs we are going to use some cereals to make them even more crunchy and thus really look like a human bone.
- Wash the breasts well to make sure there is no trace of fat or blood, then dry them well with a damp cloth. Using a very sharp knife , and always being very careful not to cut yourself, cut each breast into several strips , of a more or less uniform size.
- Beat the three eggs well until smooth and sift the flour into a large bowl. The toasted cornflakes, which you can buy already prepared in advance, also put them in a large bowl and crush them as much as you can (with your hands or with a food processor). In a frying pan, so that it warms up, put a large amount of extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- First of all, salt and pepper the strips to your liking (don’t go too far, since other people will eat them too). Then lightly flour them. Next, roll each strip through the egg and immediately through the toasted cornflakes.
- What’s up now? Well, fry each chicken finger in the hot oil until golden brown! (which will take about 5-7 minutes (if you have a deep fryer a little less).
- As you remove them, to prevent the large amount of oil that they have absorbed from entering your body, we recommend that you let them rest on a plate with absorbent kitchen paper. By the way, they cool down a bit.
- Now it’s time to serve! But, are they going to be this bland? Nothing of that! At one end of each chicken finger put a little, but very little ketchup. Then, place half of a black olive, which will serve as both a decorative object and a nail . If you’re feeling inspired, you can chop up the black olive so it fits perfectly on your finger and looks like a real fingernail.