Would you like to serve something really sweet? There are many Halloween cakes that you can prepare, but only the one that we have in mind for you will be the one that will make you succeed… it will be the perfect gift to end the evening with something sweet!
This is going to be a cake with an explosive mix of flavors, so you shouldn’t have to think about it that much. The ingredients you need are:
- ¾ cups unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1.5 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups of sugar
- 1 dessert spoon of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semi-skimmed milk
- 3 white chocolate bars
- clouds to taste
- Dark chocolate chips to taste
Preparation of the Halloween cake
Are you ready to become the best chef in the whole city when it comes to Halloween candy? All the kids in the neighborhood will come to your house to taste it!
- After turning the oven on to maximum, so that it heats up, prepare the molds. Better use some 15 cm molds , sprinkling cocoa powder on each of them, and then remove the excess. Separately, use another 6 molds for mini muffins, in which you are going to put the baking paper for later.
- After sifting the flour , make a hole in the center and add the remaining cocoa powder, yeast and salt . Stir a little with the help of a spoon so that everything is well mixed.
- In another bowl , beat the butter, at room temperature, along with the sugar. With about 4 minutes, beating at medium speed, you should already have a creamy whitish mixture as a result.
- Throw the eggs without stopping beating , one by one, and when they are well integrated add the vanilla . After a couple of minutes, turn the power down a bit to beat for another couple of minutes.
- Now, and distributing the ration in three batches, add the flour and milk . Our advice is that you add a third of the flour mixture, a little milk and beat. And so on until the mixture is well done.
- It’s time to distribute the resulting mixture between the molds. For 6-inch pans, 2 cups will suffice, while for muffin tins, a tablespoon should suffice . Put all the molds in the oven. The cake layers should be ready in 30-40 minutes, while the muffins should take 15 minutes.
- To know if it is being done well, you just have to click on them when you see that the time to remove them is about to arrive. As soon as the skewer comes out clean, you can remove the molds from the oven.
- As the molds cool, you are going to prepare what would be the coverage . To do this, you have to melt the white chocolate, either in the microwave or with a saucepan.
- Are the molds already disassembled and what is the cake is well done? Ok, so place the three 15cm cake layers and on top of these the smaller pieces made in the muffin tins.
- Pour the melted white chocolate and with the help of a palette, or spoon, you are distributing it well throughout the cake, until it is well covered.
- Finally, touch up the clouds a bit, or give them a wrinkled shape, and place them on the mounds, to be the ghosts.
- If you wish, before putting the three layers of cake one on top of the other, you can put inside cream, dark or white chocolate, almond cream… whatever to give it a sweeter flavor.