You can’t look bad in front of your guests with cupcakes! Since it is Halloween night, they should be as original as possible. And we have some very interesting proposals, like the black monster cupcakes.
These are all the ingredients you will need to prepare this fantastic dish. Divided according to what you have to prepare, so you don’t have a problem. It will give for six servings.
For the cupcake cake
- 60 grams of wheat flour
- 60 grams of brown sugar
- 35ml sunflower oil
- 1 medium egg
- 40ml milk
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 20 grams of cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ dessert teaspoon of salt
For the dark chocolate buttercream:
- 40 grams of butter
- 140 grams of icing sugar
- 30 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 35ml milk
- black dye
Preparation of the black cupcakes
This is a very special recipe, because the color black reflects the true nature of the night: darkness. So start with the oven running at 175º C and get to work.
- First of all we have to prepare the dough for the cupcakes. To do this, you are going to mix the brown sugar together with the oil in a bowl . Once well mixed, add the egg and beat with an electric whisk.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl, where you will make a hole in the center, trying to get it to the bottom. Pour in the yeast and cocoa powder, sifting them as well. Coat well with the flour mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the other, beating constantly, until the flour has been well integrated. If you see that it is difficult for you to beat, use a spatula , which will help the mixture to be better completed.
- It ‘s time to add the milk , little by little, without stopping beating for a single moment . When it is fully incorporated, then add the vanilla extract and stir again.
- In the cupcake molds, place some paper capsules , which serve as coverage, and fill the holes with the dough, until covering a third of these. Remember that later these have to go up.
- Put in the oven for about 15-18 minutes (it will depend on the oven) and let it cook. When they have been in the oven for 10 minutes, do not forget to check that they rise well and start poking them, to check that they are done well on the inside.
- When they are ready, take them out and let them rest for about 10 minutes, so that they gain some consistency inside and are juicier.
- While the cupcakes are made, you can take care of the buttercream. It is as simple to do as taking a bowl, sifting the icing sugar and mixing with the butter (at room temperature). Then, you just have to add the sifted cocoa and milk. Beat everything well with the help of the mixer.
- The final result will be a homogeneous cream, to which you will have to add the black coloring . Again you will have to beat until you get it to have a dark tone.
- With the cupcakes and the buttercream ready, you have to assemble the black monster. To do this, fill a pastry bag with the buttercream and bathe the upper part of it, drawing as if they were hair.
- When you have them all, you will have to use the little charms to make it look like they are eyes. They can be of different colors, although for the creatures of the underworld we all know that yellow is the best color.