Since you are going to be in the kitchen for a while, why not prepare a dessert that your guests will never forget? Yes, we’re serious, it can be done. Especially if you follow our bleeding cupcake recipe.
This is a very special recipe, but you are going to have to work a lot, because on the one hand you are going to have to make the cupcake and on the other hand get specific ingredients with which to scare your guests away.
for the cupcake
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 60 grams of cocoa powder
- 200 grams of powdered flour
- 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 dessert spoons of yeast
- 200 grams of white sugar
For the buttercream
- 150 grams of unsalted butter
- 160 grams of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- green dye
for the eye
- 3 sheets of neutral gelatin
- 200 ml of water
- 50 ml of whole milk
- 50 grams of sugar
- 125 grams of condensed milk
- black dye
- blue dye
Preparation of the bleeding cupcake
This is a recipe that requires a lot of work. Of course, we guarantee that it is well worth it. We are going to explain to you in steps what you have to do with each part, so that you do not have any problem when making your bleeding cupcakes.
Preparation of the jelly eyes
Although candy-like eyes are already sold ready-made in stores on Halloween night, following this simple recipe will make them look more realistic.
- First hydrate a sheet of gelatin in cold water , for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, boil the water in a saucepan and add 50 grams of sugar , so that it dissolves.
- Drain the gelatin and you are going to dissolve it in the syrup , dividing this result into two parts. You are going to dye one with the black dye and the other with the blue.
- Pour a drop, but only one, into the gelatin mold , of the mixture that has finished black. Reserve in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- As time passes, take out and pour a spoonful of the blue gelatin . On this occasion, it should remain in the fridge resting for about 30 minutes.
- While this mixture cools, hydrate another two gelatin sheets in cold water (remember, for 5 minutes).
- Heat the milk in a bowl, drain the two gelatin sheets and dissolve them in the milk . Then add condensed milk and with the help of some electric rods you mix everything well.
- After half an hour, take the mold out of the fridge , add two tablespoons of milk gelatin , hit it a few times to level it and put it in the fridge for two hours. Your eyes are ready!
Preparation of the cupcakes
Now we are going to take care of preparing the cupcakes. If you’ve made them before, I’m sure you won’t have many problems making the recipe, but it never hurts to be a little cautious and follow our recipe, don’t you think?
- After putting the oven to preheat to 160º , mix the sugar with the olive oil , until it is fully integrated. Then, add the eggs one by one and beat again, until everything is well integrated.
- Sift the flour into another bowl, making a hole in the center to put the yeast and cocoa . She stirs a bit so they mix well.
- The time has come to transfer this mixture to the oil bowl! You have to add it little by little, without stopping stirring , and you will see how a unique mixture is formed in your bowl.
- Now you will pour the milk , but little by little, without stopping beating. Then the cornstarch, and as a result you will have a very liquid and creamy homogeneous mixture.
- Place the wrappers in the cupcake molds and fill with the mixture , only halfway. And baked for about 20 minutes or so. To know if they are done, at 12-13
Preparation of the buttercream
While the previous steps are being completed, don’t you think you could take the time to complete the recipe by preparing the buttercream? It’s very easy to do!
- In a bowl , put the butter together with the sifted icing sugar and the two tablespoons of milk , at room temperature. Beat with the mixer, and with this you will get a creamy mixture, which you must beat for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the tablespoon of vanilla, beat and then the green food coloring . Beat until the buttercream gets that greenish color.
- You put the resulting mixture in a pastry bag that has a star mouth, so that it is easier for you to put it in the cupcake.
Montage of the bleeding cupcake
The time has come to assemble each cupcake! So follow these steps and you will be great.
- First you have to put the buttercream , so start in the center outwards and make a kind of mound. It is something very simple to do.
- At the tip of this mound you will put the jelly eye that you have prepared, and with a little red coloring, you will make the effect of blood , which will lower the cupcake over the edge to the bottom of the plate.
- Finally, and this is optional, you could put some pistachios, to make your monster look like it has teeth. Repeat the process until all the cupcakes are ready!